Bloodspot Fatty Acids Profile
Find out what your fatty acid profiles are so you can make needed, specific corrections.
From our Maximized Living national partner Genova Laboratories, use this test kit from the comfort of your own home. Includes prepaid FedEx envelope and materials/instructions needed to provide the sample.
Results are sent back to Talcott Family Chiropractic.
Kit price includes consultation with Dr. Allie to review results.
Fatty Acids Profile – Blood Spot
From a simple finger stick it measures key omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids and calculates key indicators to establish your optimal balance. Trans fatty acids the “bad” oils in processed foods are also measured.
- Improve patient compliance– Testing guides and supports your recommendations for higher doses of fatty acid supplements.
- Inflammatory balance – Improper fatty acid intake affects the balance of anti- and pro-inflammatory eicosanoids, increasing health risks.
– Among the top five drugs prescribed last year, statins have been shown to unfavorably alter this inflammatory balance.
- Increased free radical production– Consumption of polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFAs) without increasing antioxidant intake will cause increased production of free radicals.
Fatty Acids measured:
- ALA (Alpha-Linolenic Acid)
- EPA (Eicosapentaenoic Acid)
- DHA (Docosahexaenoic Acid)
- LA (Linoleic Acid)
- GLA (Gamma Linolenic Acid)
- DGLA (Dihomogamma Linolenic Acid)
- AA (Arachidonic Acid)
- Total C:18 Trans
- AA : EPA ratio – A measure of “silent” inflammation
- EPA + DHA % – An early CVD risk indicator
- LA : GLA Ratio – Delta6 desaturase inhibition by decreased Zn or decreased Mg, increased insulin, or dietary excess of saturated or trans fatty acids
- EPA : DGLA Ratio – Helps balance intake of Series-3 and Series-1 eicosanoid precursors