Tallow Face & Eye Cream
2oz. packaged in glass jar
Our top seller, you’ve got to try this!
Dr Allie’s handmade formulation. The essential oils leave a clean smell (you won’t smell like a french fry) along with extra therapeutic benefits. Contains 100% grass fed organic beef tallow, organic virgin olive oil, and a mix of certified pure essential oils of lemon, frankincense and grapefruit.
Traditionally, tallow was applied as a soothing and regenerating balm for weathered and irritated skin. Modern science has provided further insight into the specific mechanics of this healing reaction. Tallow is:
- Stable: Like coconut oil, tallow has a very beneficial fatty acid profile, with 50-55% stable saturated fats. This means that it is stable and does not readily go rancid, such that the beneficial nutrients can easily be preserved without refrigeration for extended periods of time.
- Nourishing: Properly treated tallow from grass-fed cows is especially nutrient dense, rich with nutrients that plant-based oils simply do not poses. Tallow contains a harmonious balance of fat soluble vitamins A, D, E and K, in a balanced combination with their activators. It also has an abundance of conjugated linoleic acid (CLA), which as been shown to have anti-inflammatory effect and palmitoleic acid which has antimicrobial characteristics.
- Easily Absorbed: When you apply tallow you will notice that it leaves your skin feeling smooth without leaving a greasy residue as with some body butters. Some experts hypothesize that this is due to the similarities in the fatty acid profiles of tallow to human cell membranes and sebum (the waxy substance naturally secreted by your sebaceous glands to lubricate,waterproof and protect the skin). In Latin “sebum” actually translates to tallow or lard.
- Safe: Tallow has long been consumed as a cooking oil that is especially useful for high temperature cooking and frying due to a high smoke-point. It is safe to eat, delicious and safe to put on the body. It received the best possible safety ranking in the EWG database. It is important that tallow is derived from pastured, 100% grass-fed cows however, to avoid contamination with pesticides and other nasty chemicals.
- It feels amazing! Not very formal, but it’s true.
Tallow contains skin nourishing ingredients that plant-based oils do not – There’s an abundance of fat soluble vitamins (A,D,K and E) that naturally occur in pastured tallow, along with the potent anti-inflammatory conjugated linoleic acid (CLA) and anti-microbial palmitoleic acid.